In this week’s episode, David Kessler is joined by herbalist and author Tammi Sweet.
Tammi Sweet is co-director of Heartstone Center for Earth Essentials, a traveling Anatomy and Physiology teacher, and the author of the recently released, The Wholistic Healing Guide to Cannabis: Understanding the Endocannabinoid System, Addressing Specific Ailments and Conditions, and Making Cannabis-Based Medicine. Her learning of the body has come through many paths including traditional Master’s level college studies in Neurobiology, collegiate athletics, college level Anatomy teaching, Massage School, Yoga Teacher Training, Herbal studies, and most importantly, an ever-growing love of understanding who we are in relation with this wonderful home we call earth.
- Although Tammi considers hemp and cannabis to be interchangeable, the federal government views them differently because of the distinction that hemp” contains less than .3% THC and “cannabis” contains THC higher than .3%.
- Decarboxylation is the process of activating THC. It’s important to heat the extract to 250 degrees for 80 minutes while decarboxylating.
- Endocannabinoid system is known as the system of safety because it sets the tone for the nervous system and feels safe when it is working well.
- Scientific studies show the best medicine for almost anything besides seizure would be equal parts CBD and THC whole plant medicine from tinctures or extracts.
- CBG decreases ocular pressure but blocks serotonin receptors.
- Endocannabinoid system helps system quiet down, allows present time ease, helps neuro protection, and much more involving cognition, protection, emotion, relation, and feelings.
- Every study on efficacy of cannabis proves whole plant extracts and tinctures are 3-330 times more potent than isolated extracts (medication from doctor).
- Cannabinoids are made and released on demand, bind receptors, and are broken down by enzymes.
- Cannabis is better for chronic pain rather than acute pain.
- When picking strains, it is important to think about conditions (sleep, anxiety, migraines, depression, glaucoma, pain). After knowing your needs it’s important to pick 3 high THC strains and 2 high CBD strains to get to know them and how they work with your needs.
Interested in learning how Agrify’s LED Lights have helped cultivators improve their plants’ cannabinoid content and terpene profiles? Download the case study.