David Kessler is joined by Laura Beohner, President & Co-Founder of The Healing Rose – and award winning CBD company based out of Massachusetts.
They discussed potency, testing, ingredients, transparency, consumer experience, and more. Learn more about what it’s like to be a small business in a booming industry, what to look out for as a consumer, and what to consider when formulating products.
- Laura from The Healing Rose just won the award for Massachusetts Cannabis Activist of the Year for her work in the Massachusetts hemp community.
- The Healing Rose focuses on CBD topicals formulated with certified organic oils, butter, essential oils, and waxes.
- It is important to educate yourself on how to choose safer products. It’s important to know how your plant is processed, extracted, and to have access to lab results. More importantly, knowing how to read the lab results.
- 6 panel testing is important to test cannabinoid profile potency, elemental analysis, nutrient soil testing, pesticide analysis, residual solvents, and microbiological contaminants.
- Oil spoils: oils do have a shelf life, therefore they need to be stored at the correct temperature and humidity with no light exposure.
- Distillate broad spectrum CBD is extracted and processed down to zero THC — it is the most effective for THC sensitive or those concerned with THC for drug testing.
- Full Spectrum CBD is used in all of The Healing Rose’s topical products for the full, medicinal aspects.
- How to make a topical: ex. coconut oil, beeswax, olive oil, CBD, essential oils. Melt down the coconut oil, add olive oil, melt in the beeswax with hotplate and spinner (this will get everything well incorporated), add CBD at the end to homogenize it, pull it, add essential oils after you turn the heat off.
- It is important to have a zero level for pesticides, there is an EPA list to find safe pesticides and testing is common, but expensive.
- The Healing Rose currently offers these products: bath soaks, lip balm, body oil (massage and roll on), and CBD oil extracts. They focus on products utilized through skin topicals.
- The Healing Rose won first place for best topical (CBD/THC) in MA at the NE Cannabis Convention Competition for their lemon ginger salve. They took home the reward for “Best Topical in New England“.
Interested in what vertical integration could look like for your brand? Explore Agrify’s growing solutions today.