Our cold trap bottom was designed to work in conjunction with our cold trap top inner insert. These two pieces fit together snugly, with effortless setup and breakdown.
The top and bottom portions fit together via a 34/45 ground glass joint, so you can quickly take the pieces apart and easily clean them.
Cold Trap Bottom Benefits:
- American-made, top-grade borosilicate glass
- New, threaded GL-18 connections for:
- Improved vacuum flow with 3/8″ tubing and connections
- Increased down-stem diameter (10mm), to avoid in-line freezing of compounds
- Reduced chance of breaking the intake and exit ports, thanks to removable connections
- Quickly connecting vacuum sources and systems
- Fits into Across International T40 & T80 cold traps – direct replacement upgrade for OEM traps
- Vertical hose connections – reduce hose clutter and stress on cold traps and improve flow
34/45 joint & fittings that won’t stick.
If you’re tired of breaking cold trap barbs or having your tubing get stuck on barbed-glass fittings, you’re not alone.
We were too – That’s why we replaced those fittings with GL-18s.
Now you can quickly connect and disconnect the barbs, and we’ve made removing the housing from the cold trap bottom easier than ever!